We at TANNA OPTICIANS are serving people for over 50 years. It is your constant faith and trust in us, which has enabled us to extend our services for such o long time. We care about your eyes and would like to help you to take better care of them.
ABOUT YOUR SPECS
- Take frames according to your face measurements or as advised by an optician and keep them clean with water or solution and wipe them with a special cloth as provided. Do not wipe with the handkerchief, saree, dupatta shirt etc.
- Use both hands for wearing and removing them.
- Keep the spectacle arms folded and keep them in the case provided
- Keep them away from small children (as they will spoil the alignment of your specs)
- Keep extra pair for emergencies.
- Do not hesitate to wear specs if you have one.
- Do not wear other’s specs.
ABOUT OUR EYE
- Eat good food rich in Proteins and Vitamins. like milk, eggs, pulses, amla, carrots, and green vegetables. fresh fruits and dry fruits like almonds to keep your eyes healthy.
- Walk barefoot on green grass to keep your eyes cool.
- Read or write in the proper light and in a sitting position.
- Do not read in moving buses or trains.
- Keep a distance of at least 12-14 inches for any near vision & watch TV from a distance of at least 10-12 feet.
- If you have constant headaches or if your eyes water- please visit a specialist immediately as it may be due to an eye problem.
- Protect your eyes from excess heat, dust, wind, sunlight, TV and video watching. Do not overstrain your eyes.
- Wear sunglasses in bright sunlight.
- Use UV rays resistant lenses or UV antiglare lenses while working on computers (IT IS A MUST].
- Avoid looking at welding arcs & solar eclipses.
- Avoid the use of cosmetics (like Surma or kajal) & medicines for your eyes.
- Eye disease can be hereditary so if you are suffering from any disease (or if you are highly myopic) then get your children’s eyes tested when they are of 4 to 6 years of age.
- Do not allow your children to play with sharp objects.
- Tobacco eating, smoking & impure alcohol are harmful to your eyes.
- Exercise regularly by rotating your eyes in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- Wash your eyes with filtered water at regular intervals.
- Diabetic & blood pressure patients should control their sugar levels as it affects the eye.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses for more than 8-10 hours.
- A contact lens wearer should remove his/her lenses 22-24 hours prior to an eye checkup.
- Whenever you want to buy o pair of spectacles, visit personally to the shop for proper measurements and advice. Do not buy specs/ sunglasses from roadside vendors/stalls, as they do not have proper instruments for your eyes or lenses, thereby causing damage to your eyesight.
- Get your eyes tested every year or as advised by your eye specialist.